Flowmaster® California Catalytic Converter Warranty Details
Flowmaster, Inc. (“Flowmaster”) extends the following limited warranty to the original retail purchaser of its California catalytic converters (hereafter “Products”):
1. LIMITED WARRANTY: This catalytic converter is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship subject to the exclusion and conditions set forth below and subject to the durational limits in this paragraph. This catalytic converter has been designed and manufactured and is warranted to meet California Air Resources Board emission requirements for 50,000 miles. The stainless steel body and the nipples alone are warranted for 5 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. At the conclusion of the 5 year/50,000 miles on stainless steel body and nipples or 50,000 miles on catalyst substrate, whichever is applicable, all liability under this limited warranty shall terminate.
2. DEFECTS: If the catalytic converter is determined to be defective, Flowmaster will supply the purchaser with a new catalytic converter provided the following conditions are met:
a. If the warranty claim relates to the catalytic converter failing an emissions test under California Inspection and Maintenance Program or the catalytic converter triggers the MIL or breaks up for any reason not attributed to vehicle malfunction or misuse on the part of the vehicle owner.
3. EXCLUSIONS: Failure and/or destruction of a catalytic converter caused by the following matters are not covered by this warranty:
a. Improper installations (including installation on a vehicle for which the converter has not been cataloged) or failure to maintain the vehicle in proper operating condition with all emission control equipment properly connected and operating according to vehicle manufacturer’s specifications. b. The use of leaded fuel.
c. Damage due to accident, negligence or misuse.
d. Converters installed on vehicles with non-ARB exempted add-on and/or modified parts will be excluded. Also, vehicles in which emission systems have been tampered with or made to be inoperative are excluded.
4. FLOWMASTER UNDER THIS WARRANTY WHEN THE CONDITIONS STATED ABOVE ARE MET SHALL COVER THE FULL REPLACEMENT COST INCLUDING PARTS AND LABOR.
5. The purchaser must return the converter to an authorized dealer, along with the completed warranty claim card and proof of purchase.
SAFETY STATEMENT: These catalytic converters manufactured for Flowmaster by Airtek will not in their operation, function or malfunction, result in any unsafe condition endangering the motor vehicle, its occupants or Persons or property in close proximity to the vehicle.
ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. FLOWMASTER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR INJURY TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM MISUSE OR IMPROPER INSTALLATION OF THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER.
The above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights in the state of California.
100 STONY POINT ROAD, SUITE 125 · SANTA ROSA, CA 95401 · (707) 544-4761 · FAX (707) 544-4784